Friday, June 26, 2009

Scrap paper prayers



I was at one of my favorite websites recently and there was a challenge to find a piece of scrap paper, write a prayer on it, take a picture of it and upload it to the site. I found it really interesting and moving to see how people responded to this. Many people asked for prayers for people they knew who were sick or in need of healing, many people asked for wisdom, many people seemed to be hurting themselves and asking for God's presence and many more people said prayers of thanks. Some were very short, and some were very long. Some had pictures, others just words. They all expressed the writer's feelings, though.

I thought it was an interesting challenge. I'm going to challenge you to do the same thing. Find a piece of scrap paper and write a prayer on it. Send it to me. If you want to you can take a picture and email it to me or send it through the mail. I will post them here in a few weeks.

In the mean time.... here are a bunch of the ones that were posted to that site. scrap paper prayers




No comments: