Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Monday

This morning, after devotionals, we broke off into our work groups. Keith took Marilyn, Amanda and Beth along with Dave, Sam and Hayley from Minnesota to Goodwill for the day. Dave from Youthworks joined them in the morning. Their group is called the Green Monkeys (I will call them this from now on.)They sorted shoes, books, and organized the clothes racks and marked clothes for clearance. The girls also were able to shop on their breaks. Amanda and Beth picked up some shoes, Marilyn shopped wasn’t able to find anything. They work hard but felt they were productive. When ZI met them at the shower area they were all excited and eager to tell me about their day and said it was fun.


My team, the Silver Snakes (we didn’t name our teams by the way) will be visiting Village Gardens nursing facility all week. This morning we jumped right in and played “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” with some of the residents. That was pretty fun. Steven’s team won. After, we got an orientation of the facility, watered some of the gardens and ate lunch. After lunch we helped the residents with the project of filling up pots with geraniums. The kids did a great job of interacting with the residents. This is outside all the kids’ comfort zones. I think by the end of the week, though it will be a lot easier. I was very proud of them.


The evening activity was a prayer drive through some of the community, ending up in a park to play. Our snack that night was birthday cake for Amanda!


We were exhausted in the evening. I think the kids were looking forward to going to bed.


I’m seeing God working here, I can’t wait for you to hear the kids share when they get home.


Sorry no pictures yet, yesterday was so busy I didn’t have time to upload them. I will try harder for tomorrow.


Keep praying for us.

No comments: