Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mission Trip!

Well, here I am preparing for my second mission trip of the summer. I almost don't even have to use the packing list anymore. It's Saturday night, and I"m all packed. I just have to pack the car in the morning and grab my water bottle and I'll be ready to go. All the forms are signed and copied, my iPod is prepared with appropriate playlists for the car ride and my suitcase is crammed full.

I always have such a mixture of feelings the night before a trip. I'm excited about being able to serve a community in some way or another, yet I'm anxious about how and where exactly that might be -- we don't find out until we get there tomorrow evening. I'm excited about traveling to a new place and seeing new sights, yet I'm anxious about the sleeping arrangements -- is it going to be hot? are the people in my room going to be too loud? I'm excited about spending 6 hours in the car with a bunch of middle schoolers (really, it's fun!) yet I'm anxious about spending 6 hours in the car with a bunch of middle schoolers -- will there be some crazy driver out on the road with us?

I've come to realize that for both of these feelings that I have, I can give them to God. I can praise Him and thank Him for the opportunity I have to be excited and I can also give Him my anxiety, knowing he'll take care of me.

Here we go again God! Let's see what You have in store for me (for the whole group) this week... I can't wait!

No comments: