Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day One!

We made it! We had a nice easy drive to the UP. We arrived too early though, so we "had to" get ice cream at the local Dairy Queen.

There are about 55 kids and 14 adults here this week. As usual, our kids mingled right away and weren't afraid to step out and talk to people other than those from our church. I'm always so proud of them.

The girls are sleeping in a very crowded room, the boys seem to have a little more room. Tonight all the adults met and were told our ministry site assignments. Jeff, Anne and I will be split up. Jeff will have 2 youth with him, Anne will have two youth with her and I'll have the rest (that's 5). We also get to work in crews with other church kids so I"m excited about that.

We have lights out in about 5 minutes. There is one sink and two toilets for the girls... I need to go get ready for bed.

I should have more time in the morning to write.

Thanks for praying for us and supporting us. I already see God working here and I"m excited to be a part of it!

Good night and God bless you,

Nancy

No comments: