Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

One week left until we celebrate the birth of our Savior! I know I still have shopping and wrapping to do, dinner to plan and of course rehearse for the Nativity Play on Christmas Eve. This year, without any of my 'biological' kids around (Ian and Hannah) has felt different at our house. It was more difficult for me to 'get into the Christmas Spirit' with just my husband and I at home.

It just didn't feel "Christmas-y" until my whole family was together. Sure, I'd put up decorations and started listening to Christmas songs, but it just didn't feel right. Yesterday, I was reflecting on this. I realized how important it is for me to be able to share the joy of the Christmas holiday and the love of Christ with my family.

Then I got to thinking about all the people who DON't have family to share Christmas with. There are a lot of people who are alone for any number of reasons this holiday season. Maybe their loved ones are far away, maybe they've passed away or maybe they are just alienated from them. I feel very blessed to have my family here to give love to and receive love from this year.

You might know someone who might be hurting or sad or lonely this Christmas. I hope you can  remember those people who might be struggling through loneliness, poverty, illness or grief. Show them the love of Christ with a smile, a warm touch, a telephone call or a visit. Ask God to give you eyes so you can see these people whom you can love.

Blessings for a joyous Christmas,

Nancy

No comments: