Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflections from the Youth Retreat


I'm still reveling in the awesome retreat we had. I enjoyed spending so much time with the kids and getting to know them a little bit better. I am constantly impressed by their spirit, enthusiasm, energy and love for each other. I really wish the weekend could have been longer. 

Here are some observations I made about the mid-high kids:

~ They are really welcoming. They try very hard to include everyone. That makes me really happy. I don't know if it's because it was kind of a small group (7 kids) or not, but I was pleased to see they tried not to leave anyone out. It wasn't always easy, but I could see they were trying.

~ They aren't afraid to speak their mind. They were open and honest, shared their thoughts and feelings and weren't afraid to ask difficult questions. This is difficult for anyone to do. It's even more impressive when young people do it. 

~ They have a love for God and are really becoming grounded in their faith. They have fabulous insight into understanding God's word and are enthusiastic learners. They took the lessons and activities seriously.

~ They are awesome encouragers! (Is that even a word? I don't know). They encouraged everyone on the climbing wall and the high ropes course. They were also encouraging each other during discussions. 

~ They tell some really really long campfire stories!

~ They say some very memorable things (quotes to come as soon as I get them from Beth.)

~ They take a while to wake up in the mornings!

~ They are tons of fun!

~ They make me super excited for the mission trip, and make me look forward to our next retreat.


No comments: