Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Preparing for a Retreat

I've been on a few retreats in my life, but I haven't ever had to lead one before. There sure is a lot of planning and preparation involved. First, you have to  find a weekend when people can go and think about where you want to go (I wasn't really in on that part of the planning process...) Then you have to figure out what the theme or goal should be (choices, choices, choices....) Next, you have to figure out what the schedule will be (enough time for prayer, reflection, learning, eating, playing games and free time...) And finally, you have to figure out how everyone is going to get there (how many kids can we squeeze in my Toyota?...)

Now that all that planning is finished, I can really start to prepare for the retreat this weekend. I can prepare my heart and mind. I am praying that each one of you who is able to come on the retreat can get a meaningful experience from it.  I am praying that our hearts can be open to hearing God this weekend and experiencing the love He has for us. I am praying that we can feel God's Spirit working through us. I am praying that things will run fairly smoothly, and that when they don't everyone will have patience.

If you aren't able to come on the retreat with us this weekend, you can still pray for us. You are an important part of our Mid High Ministries  community. 

I'm really looking forward to this weekend (even though I don't like not sleeping in my own bed...) 

Thanks!

No comments: